Advocacy phase Climate justices Feminist Participatory Action Research (CJ-FPAR, Sept – December 2021)
Feminist Participatory Action Research (FPAR) pointed out some concerns about women and climate issues at the local communities through the project, and since WoNEE has long been advocating for equal participation of women in the energy and environment sector, it has given continuity to this initiative by advocating on these matters via the
- local level capacity building, Consultation and facilitation to rise the grassroots voices
- Prepare position papers on GRB for climate change adaptation plan and program.
- Facilitate to submit position papers and delegation with the local government.
- Regular meeting and consultation to influence against discriminatory law and policies at national level.
- Development and dissemination of policy briefs.
The study has recommended that the government should be developed a strong mechanism for proper implementation and monitoring of NDCs and LAPA at local to national level, formulate gender responsive policies, programs, and action plans, allocating sufficient budget and the gender-neutral laws and policies are to be amended. At local level, the local government must formulate environment protection strategies for infrastructure development, increase capacity building activities targeting women so as to increase the awareness of women’s rights and create an enabling environment for equal participation of women in social, political and economic sectors