11 Point Memorandum Submitted to Energy Minister on “Emerging Issues of Women in Energy and Environment Sector”
WoNEE has submitted a position paper with 11 points emerging issues of Energy and Environment sector to the honorable energy minister Barsaman Pun and concern line agencies to review the existing policy through the gender perspective. Here, WoNEE is highlighting on the following major issues of Energy and Environment.
- Women’s participation in every decision making and implementation process in meaningful ways in energy sector which has been guided by our constitution.
- At least 33% of total board members must be represented by women in every Hydro power companies.
- Creating opportunities of women access to the investment and benefit sharing on energy sector.
- Enhance women’s capacity to provide job opportunities in the project affected area in energy sector and.
- Need to prepare gender friendly energy policy, program and budget from local level to central level.
- Ensure to improve health of women and children through electric cook stoves promotion.
- Local government should have programmers and awareness rising regarding electrical safety also; local government should have accidental insurance and some funds for the people.
- To develop the capacity in energy, awareness programme to women should be effective for the utilization of it.
- The trainings related to new technologies of energy should provide to women for implementation new technology.
- Proportional participation of women in energy related technical trainings should be insured.
- The representation of women in every institution should be ensured according to the constitution of Nepal, 2015.
|Event Start Date:||2018-03-22|
|Event End Date:|